Mansell Street and John F. Shelley Drive
Established in 1927, San Francisco's second largest park is named after John C. McLaren, superintendent of Golden Gate Park from 1887-1943. This 312-acre park has received seven grants from the Land and Water Conservation Fund, from 1967-2003. These have helped develop public trails, landscaping, restrooms, picnic areas, playfields, tennis courts, interpretive signs, and an observation area. More than seven miles of trails wind through a 165-acre natural area with meadows, grasslands, and wetlands. In addition, it has an amphitheater, golf course, swimming pool, and lake.
Photo: Rolling hills and meadows in San Francisco's John McLaren Park
– City of San Francisco Parks & Recreation Department