Durlacher Mansion dates to 1878, when Laramie was just beginning to transform from an untamed territorial outpost to an organized town. It was built by Simon Durlacher, a renowned clothier and community leader. This prominent residence sustained major alterations in 1939 when it was converted to a church, but a renovation for office use restored its Victorian charm. With support from the National Park Service's Historic Preservation Tax Incentives program, the $151,000 project included repairing the wood windows and wrap-around porch, repairing and repainting the exterior cladding materials, and refurbishing the interior to reclaim its original character.
Photo: The Durlacher Mansion after the rehabilitation
– NPS file