520 Dublin Road
The Pearl S. Buck House was the long-time residence of the author and is now the headquarters of Pearl S. Buck International, a non-sectarian humanitarian organization. Located on a 58-acre estate she called Green Hills Farm, Buck purchased this property in 1933 with royalties from her Pulitzer and Nobel Prize-winning novel, "The Good Earth." Buck's work interpreted the East for the West and did much to dispel the traditional myth of the “inscrutable oriental.” Buck was a longtime advocate for not only cross-cultural understanding, but also for women's rights and racial harmony. In 2005, the National Park Service awarded a Save America’s Treasures grant to aid in the repair and reinforcement of the house, a national historic landmark and museum.
Photo: Pearl S. Buck House, a national historic landmark