The Aldridge Hotel, formerly the Hilton Phillips Hotel, constructed in 1928, was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. As Shawnee's first real skyscraper, it was a key symbol of Shawnee's commercial development. More recently a fire damaged parts of the building's interior. A two-phased rehabilitation began in 2003 and was awarded final certification in March 2006. The project transformed the nine-story former hotel into retail space and 61 rooms of housing for low-income seniors.
Photo: Aldridge Hotel lobby after rehabilitation
– NPS file