Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the most commonly asked questions park rangers hear at Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site.
If you have some questions of your own, please feel free to contact the Park at (808) 882-7218 Ext. 1011 or by Email.
1. Are the historic temples in the park reconstructions?
2. How long did it take Kamehameha and his men to build Pu'ukohola Heiau?
3. Did Kamehameha really lift up the 5,000lb Naha Stone?
4. How many men would have been in the human chain from Pololu Valley to Pu'ukohola?
5. How tall was Kamehameha?
6. How old is the Visitor Center?
7. How long is the Loop Trail?
8. When is the best time to see sharks?
9. Is there a better time of year to visit?
Did You Know?
Every August Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site holds the Ho'oku'ikahi Establishment Day Hawaiian Cultural Festival. During the two day event, visitors can learn crafts, watch cultural demonstrators and participate in games and activities. More...