Auto Tour Route - Wyoming
Below are driving directions to follow the Pony Express National Historic Trail west through Wyoming, from Nebraska to Utah. A simple map showing the general route is below the directions.
From the Colorado - Wyoming border:1. Take U.S. Route 26 west to Interstate 25.
2. Turn north onto Interstate 25.
3. Take Interstate 25 west to State Route 220 at Casper.
4. Turn west onto State Route 220.
5. Take State Route 220 to U.S. Route 287.
6. Turn west onto U.S. Route 287.
7. Take U.S. Route 287 west to State Route 28.
8. Turn West onto State Route 28.
9. Take State Route 28 west to State Route 372.
10. Turn south onto State Route 372.
11. Take State Route 372 to Interstate 80.
12. Turn west onto Interstate 80.
Total original route miles in Wyoming: 540
Did You Know?
Avard Fairbanks' sculpture is a study in contrasts that symbolizes the interdependency of the generations—the rider depending on the station keeper to be there for him as the younger generation depends on the older one-an interdependence uniting young and old, and man and beast. More...