Auto Tour Route - Nevada
Below are driving directions to follow the Pony Express National Historic Trail west through Nevada, from Utah to California. A simple map showing the general route is below the directions.
From the Utah - Nevada state border:1. Take Interstate 80 west to U.S. Route ALT 93.
2. Turn south onto U.S. Route ALT 93.
3. Take U.S. Route ALT 93 south to U.S. Route 93.
4. Take U.S. Route 93 south to U.S. Route 50.
5. Turn west onto U.S. Route 50 at Ely.
6. Take U.S. Route 50 west though to Carson City and California.
Total original route miles in Nevada: 404
Did You Know?
The Patee House Hotel in St. Joseph, MO, was considered a luxurious place for lodging, served as the general office for the Pony Express in 1860-1861, and lodged the pony riders who carried the U.S. mail when they were in town. More...