Auto Tour Route - Nevada
Below are driving directions to follow the Pony Express National Historic Trail west through Nevada, from Utah to California. A simple map showing the general route is below the directions.
From the Utah - Nevada state border:1. Take Interstate 80 west to U.S. Route ALT 93.
2. Turn south onto U.S. Route ALT 93.
3. Take U.S. Route ALT 93 south to U.S. Route 93.
4. Take U.S. Route 93 south to U.S. Route 50.
5. Turn west onto U.S. Route 50 at Ely.
6. Take U.S. Route 50 west though to Carson City and California.
Total original route miles in Nevada: 404
Did You Know?
Pony Express riders and Overland Stage passengers found a good source of water at Simpson Springs Station as they crossed the west desert of Utah. More...