Auto Tour Route - Nevada
Below are driving directions to follow the Pony Express National Historic Trail west through Nevada, from Utah to California. A simple map showing the general route is below the directions.
From the Utah - Nevada state border:1. Take Interstate 80 west to U.S. Route ALT 93.
2. Turn south onto U.S. Route ALT 93.
3. Take U.S. Route ALT 93 south to U.S. Route 93.
4. Take U.S. Route 93 south to U.S. Route 50.
5. Turn west onto U.S. Route 50 at Ely.
6. Take U.S. Route 50 west though to Carson City and California.
Total original route miles in Nevada: 404
Did You Know?
During the 2002 Winter Olympics, held at Salt Lake City, Utah, Pony Express riders constructed a relay station and performed demonstrations depicting the change of horses and transferring the mochilla pouch that carried the U.S. mail from April 1860 to November 1861. More...