Auto Tour Route - Nevada
Below are driving directions to follow the Pony Express National Historic Trail west through Nevada, from Utah to California. A simple map showing the general route is below the directions.
From the Utah - Nevada state border:1. Take Interstate 80 west to U.S. Route ALT 93.
2. Turn south onto U.S. Route ALT 93.
3. Take U.S. Route ALT 93 south to U.S. Route 93.
4. Take U.S. Route 93 south to U.S. Route 50.
5. Turn west onto U.S. Route 50 at Ely.
6. Take U.S. Route 50 west though to Carson City and California.
Total original route miles in Nevada: 404
Did You Know?
Avard Fairbanks' sculpture is a study in contrasts that symbolizes the interdependency of the generations—the rider depending on the station keeper to be there for him as the younger generation depends on the older one-an interdependence uniting young and old, and man and beast. More...