June 13, 2013
Contact: Greg Caffey
, 928-524-6228 x226
Petrified Forest, AZ – Below are the Navajo County Stage II Fire Restrictions on June 13, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. Please note the additional restrictions: 3, 4, and 5 and stricter smoking restrictions (as compared to Stage 1). Other area agencies may have some variances. Any questions please call myself or Mary Springer.
STAGE II – Moderate Restrictions
The following acts are prohibited until further notice:
- Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- Discharging a firearm while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations.
- Mechanical and Industrial Prohibitions
- Operating any internal combustion engine.
- Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame.
- Using an explosive.
- Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads and trails.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Industrial operations where specific operations and exemptions are identified and mitigation measures are implemented as outlined in an agency plan.
- Persons using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.
- Operating generators with an approved spark arresting device within an enclosed vehicle or building or in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the generator.
- Operating motorized vehicles on designated roads and trails so long as you park in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway.
- Emergency repair of public utilities and railroads and mitigation measures are implemented as outlined in an agency plan.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted unless otherwise stated by city ordinance.
- Discharging of firearms is allowed on agency designated shooting ranges.
An exemption does not absolve an individual or organization from liability or responsibility for any fire started by the exempted activity.