What We Do
Rivers Trails and Conservation Assistance
The National Park Service Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance program extends and expands the benefits of the National Park Service to communities throughout the nation.
Check out the different ways we can help you!
When a community asks for assistance with a project through our application, National Park Service staff provide free, on-location facilitation and planning expertise. We draw from project experiences across the country and adapt best practices to a community's specific needs.
Our staff help:
- Define project vision and goals
- Inventory and map community resources
- Identify and analyze key issues and opportunities
- Engage collaborative partners and stakeholders
- Design community outreach and participation strategies
- Develop concept plans for trails, parks, and natural areas
- Set priorities and build consensus
- Identify funding sources
- Develop a sustainable organizational framework to support the project