Apply for Community Assistance in Conservation and Outdoor Recreation
Photo: National Park Service
Project applicants may be state and local agencies, tribes, nonprofit organizations, or citizen groups. National Parks and other Federal agencies may apply in partnership with other local organizations.
How To Apply
- Consult with community partners to build a broad base of support for your project idea.
- Review the NPS application guidelines and application form.
- Please contact us as early as possible before the August 1 application deadline to discuss your proposed project and inform us of your intent to apply as this will help ensure the best possible request for assistance. We encourage applicants to consult with National Park Service staff about their proposal at least 30 days prior to the application deadline to ensure that our assistance is appropriate for your proposal and that your application is the best that it can be. Staff can help with application questions and assist with formulating an application. Remember - it's never too early to talk to us about your project for next year.
- By August 1, send completed application package via email or by U.S. mail to your National Park Service Regional Program Manager.
- Completed application form
- Site location map
- At least 3 letters of commitment
- Supplementary information that can help us learn more about your project (background documents, examples of media coverage, additional support letters, maps, list of links to resources, etc.)
Project Selection Criteria
Applications are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The project has specific goals and results for conservation and recreation expected in the near future.
- Roles and contributions of project partners are substantive and well-defined.
- There is evidence of broad community support for the project.
- The anticipated role for the National Park Service is clear and fits the National Park Service mission.
- The project advances one or more key National Park Service objectives as described in the application.