• Olympic: Three Parks in One


    National Park Washington

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • Madison Falls Trail Closed for Repairs Beginning July 7

    The one-tenth mile Madison Falls Trail and trailhead parking lot located in Elwha Valley will close to public entry beginning on Monday, July 7 while crews make improvements and repairs.

  • Hurricane Ridge Road Closed to Vehicles Sunday 8/3 (6:00a - noon)

    Due to the "Ride the Hurricane" bicycle event, the road to Hurricane Ridge will be closed above the Heart o' the Hills entrance station from 6:00a to noon on Sunday August 3rd.

Guiding in the Park

Pacific Alpine Guides  in ONP

Guided Climb in the Olympics

Tyler Reid - Pacific Alpine Guides

For-profit and nonprofit organizations must have special permission to run trips in the Park.

Over fifty for-profit and nonprofit groups run over 200 trips in the park for over 2,000 visitors every year. For-profit groups are required to obtain a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA), and nonprofit groups are required to obtain a Special Use Permit (SUP) before running trips in the park. This does not include Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and other membership organizations without paid staff leading trips.

Call the Concessions Specialist at (360) 565-3007 to start the application process.

Groups cannot register for permits without the CUA or SUP.

If your group is a nonprofit organization, click here for the Special Use Permit (SUP) page with the SUP application, Permit Request Form, and Fee Grid.

If your group is a for-profit company, click here for the Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) page with the CUA application, Permit Request Form, and CUA Risk Form.

Did You Know?

Mossy downed log in dense forest

The old growth forests of the Pacific Northwest produce three times the biomass (living or once living material) of tropical rain forests. More...