Things To Do
* Envision the past viewing exhibits and a 17-minute movie at the Museum.
* Stroll to the Earthlodge and Early Mississippian temple mounds.
* Immerse yourself in a wetlands environment by taking a walk on our boardwalk.
* Walk back in time through the wilderness of the Ocmulgee River floodplain on the River Trail.
* Bicycle on the park road
* Contemplate Georgia's "Fall Line" environment along Walnut Creek.
* See Ocmulgee after dark during Lantern Light Tours in March.
* Learn about Middle Georgia's history and environment during Earthday in April.
* Experience the very special Ocmulgee Indian Celebration on the third weekend in September.
* Browse through the Ocmulgee National Monument Association's Museum Shop.
Did You Know?
This railroad tunnel was built shortly after the Civil War. It has been used for more than 135 years and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The park road for Ocmulgee National Monument passes under this bridge into a wetlands area below the piedmont.