Blue lupine and red paintbrush fill the subalpine meadows at Paradise with color. Taken from Alta Vista Trail.
- August 18, 2014
Paradise is in peak bloom right now, with a wide variety of blooming wildflowers filling the meadows with color. Sunrise meanwhile is mostly past peak, though some wildflowers are still blooming along the road to Sunrise.
- Tipsoo & Naches Peak (8/1): Tipsoo: not quite peak, but with sitka valerian, lupine, magenta paintbrush; Naches Peak: avalanche lilies, pink & white mountain heather, lupine, magenta paintbrush, arnica, columbine, harebell, false hellebore, sitka valerian, rosy spirea
- Pinnacle Peak (8/3): avalanche lilies, sitka valerian, magenta paintbrush, bracted lousewort, lupine
- Sunrise (8/4): Sunrise Rim to Shadow Lake: cascade aster (peak), subalpine daisy (peak), gray's lovage, sitka valerian, lots of paintbrush, coiled-beak lousewort, bracted lousewort, elephanthead; Silver Forest: starting to move past prime, but with lots of asters and paintbursh; Fremont: looking nice with paintbrush, cascade asters, harebell, heather, small-flowered penstemon, dwarf lupine, rosy spirea; Sourdough Ridge: hellebore, rainiera, arrowleaf groundsel, paintbrush; Burroughs: lots of fleeceflower and pussypaws, but past season for phlox and moss campion.
- Longmire (8/4): alpine microseris, foam flower, salal, candy flower (miner's lettuce), yarrow, devil's club berries
- Tipsoo (8/7): partridge foot, false hellebore, indian paintbrush, pink mountain heather (late), bistort, arnica, rosey spirea, lupine (late)
- Burroughs (8/8): northern goldenrod (peak), yarrow (peak), colied-beak lousewort (peak), alpine aster (past peak), alpine lupine (past peak), magenta paintbrush (past peak), partridgefoot, creeping phlox (a few remaining patches), silverleaf luina, pussytoes, alpine buckwheat, Flett's groundsel, alpine microseris, shortbeaked agoseris, slender mountain sandwort
- Fremont (8/9): alpine aster, northern goldenrod, shrubby cinquefoil, Scotts bluebell, dwarf lupine, shortbeaked agoseris, alpine collomia, alpine buckwheat, Parry's silene
- Berkeley Park (8/10): Gray's lovage, Canby's lovage, sitka valerian, coiled-beak lousewort, American bistort, yarrow, subalpine daisy (late peak), pink monkeyflower (peak), arrowleaf groundsel (peak), false hellebore, sickletop lousewort, broadleaf lupine (some small patches), elephant head (mostly past), birdbeak lousewort (mostly past), leafy aster (early), sitka burnett, yellow willowherb, yellow monkeyflower, partridgefoot, gentian (early); showy fruits: cotton grass, leatherleaf saxifrage
- Paradise (8/15): paintbrush, pearly everlasting, lots of asters, lots of lupine, rosey spirea, pink and white heather, penstemon, yarrow, lousewort, thistle, fleabane, phlox, bluebells, pasqueflower, cinquefoil, sitka valerian, false hellebore, American bistort, broadleaf arnica