Change in Operation Hours & Seasons
Moores Creek National Battlefield's operating hours have changed. Please see Operating Hours & Seasons for more information.
Inclement Weather Advisory and Park Closure
Moores Creek Naitonal Battlefield will be closed effective 12:00 pm Thursday, July 3, 2014 in anticipation of incoming Tropical Storm/Hurricane Arthur. The park will reopen Saturday, July 5 pending minimal park damage to trails, facilities, and roadways.
Moores Creek National Battlefield is located 20 miles NW of Wilmington, North Carolina.
· From Highway 17, follow US 421 to NC 210, then West on NC 210
· From Interstate 40, take exit 408 (NC 210) West at Rocky Point.
· From Interstate 95 North, take exit 13-A for NC 74 East towards Wilmington.
· From Interstate 95 South, take exit 81-B for I-40 East towards Wilmington. From Interstate 40, take exit 408 (NC 210) West at Rocky Point.
· From Fayetteville, North Carolina, take Interstate 95 South to Exit 13-A
If you have any questions please call us as 910-283-5591
Did You Know?
NPS military sites have many designations including battlefields, military parks, monuments and historic sites. Moores Creek National Military Park was renamed Moores Creek National Battlefield in 1980 to avoid confusion with nearby military installations in North Carolina.