Change in Operation Hours & Seasons
Moores Creek National Battlefield's operating hours have changed. Please see Operating Hours & Seasons for more information.
Inclement Weather and Park Closure
Due to incoming wintry weather and expected icy road conditions as well as lack of road treatment on secondary roads, the park will close at 12:00 pm Tuesday, February 11, 2014 and will remain closed for Wednesday, February 12, 2014. More »
Moores Creek National Battlefield is located 20 miles NW of Wilmington, North Carolina.
· From Highway 17, follow US 421 to NC 210, then West on NC 210
· From Interstate 40, take exit 408 (NC 210) West at Rocky Point.
· From Interstate 95 North, take exit 13-A for NC 74 East towards Wilmington.
· From Interstate 95 South, take exit 81-B for I-40 East towards Wilmington. From Interstate 40, take exit 408 (NC 210) West at Rocky Point.
· From Fayetteville, North Carolina, take Interstate 95 South to Exit 13-A
If you have any questions please call us as 910-283-5591
Did You Know?
Every free male, regardless of race, between the ages of 16 and 60 was required to serve in the colonial militia. He was expected to provide his own weapon and equipment. Learn more about colonial militias at Moores Creek National Battlefield.