Dogs must be on a leash or otherwise confined while in the park
Heidi Weimer Photo
Regulations Concerning Pets
Pets are members of our families, but there are some things you should be aware of before bringing your pet to the park.
- Pets in South Dakota and Nebraska state parks must be on a leash at all times. However, they should not be leashed while in a boat or a canoe on the river.
- In Nebraska, pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet; in South Dakota, pets must be on a leash no longer than 10 feet.
- Pets (except service dogs) are not allowed on designated swimming beaches or in any park buildings (including camping cabins, lodges and comfort stations).
- Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Please do not leave pets unattended.