Lassen Volcanic National Park 2014 Annual Pass Photo Contest
News Release Date:
May 31, 2013
Darlene M. Koontz, 530-595-6102
Do you have a favorite photo taken in Lassen Volcanic National Park? Would you like to
join the ranks of photo contest winners that have their photo on the annual park pass?
Now is the time to look through your collection of photos or plan your trip to the park to
take the perfect image. “You may have the opportunity to share your Lassen Volcanic
National Park experience, captured on camera, with thousands of other park visitors,”
stated Superintendent Darlene M. Koontz.
Photos may be submitted for the Lassen Volcanic Annual Park Pass photo contest now
through September 9, 2013. Images submitted will be judged by employees and
volunteers of Lassen Volcanic National Park. The selected image will be printed on the
2014 Lassen Volcanic Annual Pass. The winner will receive photo credit and a $50 gift
certificate compliments of the Lassen Association.
- Photos should be submitted by mail to Lassen Volcanic National Park, Attn: Fee
Staff (Photo Contest), P.O. Box 100, Mineral, CA 96063.
- Photo sizes accepted can be no larger than 5x7 inches.
- For each photo submitted, include in your email, name, address, phone number,
subject and location of each photo.
- Limit of two photos per household.
- Entries must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 9, 2013.
- Photos will become the property of the U. S. Department of the Interior, National
The $25 Lassen Annual Pass is valid for one year from the month of purchase and is also honored at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area. As part of the Federal Lands
Recreation Enhancement Act passed by Congress, the park will retain 80 percent of the
fees collected to pay for needed repairs and projects to improve visitor services and
facilities. For more information, please contact the park fee manager at (530) 595-6120 or
visit the park website at www.nps.gov/lavo.