• Image of swamp, bayou, and marsh

    Jean Lafitte

    National Historical Park and Preserve Louisiana

Commercial Filming and Photography

Special rules cover commercial filming, commercial photography, and breaking news coverage. Click here to see what special rules apply to your intended use and whether a permit will be required.

All permit applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will not normally be issued for areas or periods of high visitation. If you have questions, contact the park at 504-589-3882 ext. 407 or email the park.

A nonrefundable $50.00 processing fee made payable to "National Park Service" must accompany your completed application.

  • short form application for commercial filming/still photography permit. If you choose the short form and additional information is required, you may be asked to fill out a long form, but no additional fee will be charged.
  • long form application for commercial filming/still photography permit (this form is generally used for larger-scale productions).

Did You Know?