- About Us
- Media Products
- Programs & Services
- Art, Graphics & Library Services
- Artifact Conservation
- Education Technology at NPS
- Interpretive Planning
- Media Evaluation & Visitor Research
- Media Inventory Database (MIDS)
- NPS Graphic Identity
- Contractor Information
- Maps of National Parks
- Historic Photos Collection
Exhibit Conservation Guidelines cd-rom
The Exhibit Conservation Guidelines is an electronic publication in CD-ROM format and consists of 370 pages of narrative text, technical notes, and detailed illustrations. It is an invaluable resource for all museum exhibit team members because it presents a framework for incorporating conservation into the exhibition process. As a digital publication, it provides easy access to information through established links to relevant topics. The Guidelines helps simplify the exhibition process by supplying a variety of practical preservation-oriented strategies and techniques.
Read feedback we’ve received from Exhibit Conservation Guidelines users. User Feedback
Online Examples from Exhibit Conservation Guidelines
Exhibit Conservation Guidelines is available upon request free of charge to National Park Service sites. The CD-ROM is available for sale to all other persons or organizations for $49.95 from the Harpers Ferry Historical Association. You may contact the association at 304-535-6881.
The CD-ROM publication was made possible in part by funding from the National Center for Preservation, Technology & Training.
New Conservation Research for the Exhibit Conservation Guidelines
- Additional Technical Notes
- Contribute! We welcome your ideas for future technical notes, or volunteer your time to research topics. Please feel free to contact us (telephone: 304-535-6139; email: HFC_Conservation@nps.gov)