Main Park Phone Numbers Not in Service
The two main phone numbers to the park, 378-6399 and 378-6300, are not in service at this time. Voicemail is not functioning. Please call the Visitor Center at 719-378-6395 between 8:30-6:00 MST to reach a staff member.
The Visitor Center features:
-20-minute movie about the park
- Interactive exhibits for all ages
- Bookstore with wide selection of books, postcards, magnets, T-Shirts, posters, and more
- Exhibit area of fine art paintings and photography
- First Aid Room
- Back porch with viewing scope
- Restrooms and drinking water
- Simple snacks
- Firewood for sale (when campground concessioner is not open)
- Rangers to answer questions and help you plan your visit
The Visitor Center is open every day year-round except federal holidays in winter.
The park and preserve are open 24 hours a day throughout the year. Visitor Center hours are generally:
9-4:30 in winter
9-5 in spring and fall
8:30-6:00 in summer
Did You Know?
Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve offers education programs for school and other groups by reservation, as well as regularly scheduled interpretive programs in warmer months. Programs are free. More...