Voice Mail Not in Service
Voice Mail at the park is currently out of service. Please call the Visitor Center at 719-378-6395 between 9:00-5:00 MST to reach a staff member.
The Visitor Center features:
-20-minute movie about the park
- Interactive exhibits for all ages
- Bookstore with wide selection of books, postcards, magnets, T-Shirts, posters, and more
- Exhibit area of fine art paintings and photography
- First Aid Room
- Back porch with viewing scope
- Restrooms and drinking water
- Simple snacks
- Firewood for sale (when campground concessioner is not open)
- Rangers to answer questions and help you plan your visit
The Visitor Center is open every day year-round except federal holidays in winter.
The park and preserve are open 24 hours a day throughout the year. Visitor Center hours are generally:
9-4:30 in winter
9-5 in spring and fall
8:30-6:00 in summer
Did You Know?
Great Sand Dunes is home to at least six endemic insect species - found nowhere else on earth. The Great Sand Dunes Tiger Beetle is the best known of these endemics. More...