Pets are members of our families, but there are some things you should be aware of before bringing your pet to the park.
- Pets are allowed in developed areas, in frontcountry campgrounds and picnic areas,along roads, in parking areas, and in boats on lakes where motorized watercraft are permitted.
- Pets are not permitted on trails, along lake shores, in the backcountry, or in any building.
- Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet, under physical restraint,or caged at all times, including while in open-bed pickup trucks.
- Pets are not to be left tied to an object when unattended.
- Pet owners must pick up after their pets and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle. Owners must not allow a pet to make noisethat is unreasonable. When the bike path between Apgar and West Glacier is free of snow dogs are allowed on leash.
- When roads are closed to vehicle traffic, they are considered a backcountry trail and dogs are not allowed.