Bridge Repair Work
Beginning September 15, the main bridge into the fort will be closed for repairs. Visitors will be able to access the fort through the sally port entrance. An accessible ramp will be available upon request. Visit the Willett Center for assistance on-site.
Fort Stanwix National Monument has a vast array of options to accommodate the many different types of visitors that pass through its doors every day.
There is Open Captioning on all of the introductory videos, as well as FM Assistive Listening Devices for our hearing and sight impaired visitors.
Introductory park pamphlets are made available in more than 20 languages from can be be made available as well or downloaded from our website for use.
There is Open Captioning on the introductory video, as well as FM Assistive Listening Devices for our hearing and sight impaired visitors.
Did You Know?
Construction of the Erie Canal began near Rome, NY after the first ceremonial shovel full of earth was turned on July 4, 1817. This canal, located only a few miles away from the ruins of Fort Stanwix, would soon overtake the Oneida Carry as New York's prinicple waterway. More...