Fort Davis National Historic Site
- The park is located in the Central Time Zone
- Allow two hours to visit the park
- No public telephone is located within the park
- Tours are self-guided
- A wide-brimmed hat, comfortable clothing, and sturdy walking shoes or boots are necessary for anyone planning to hike. Sunscreen is a must. Hikers must always carry plenty of water.
- Three drinking fountains are available at the park-inside the Visitor Center, outside the Auditorium, and in front of the Commanding Officer's Quarters. Water bottles are availavble for purchase in the Visitor Center. The drinking fountains outside the Auditorium and in front of the Commanding Officer's Quarters are turned off from November to March because of freezing weather.