INTERPRETATION & VISITOR SERVICES
- Interpretation: Duties include helping at the Visitor Center desk and/or being a living history interpreter/docent wearing reproduction 19th-century attire provided by the park. Required reading is mandatory for all visitor service positions.
- Library: Assisting with research projects, indexing microfilmed historical records, and cataloging books, photos, or maps.
- Resource Management: Duties include hiking nature trails, litter removal, and looking for signs of safety hazards or vandalism.
- Clerical assistance: Typing, filing, copying, collating, stamping/stuffing envelopes, performing computer-related tasks.
- Curatorial Assistants: Activities involve working with park museum collection and assisting the curator.
To view more NPS volunteer opportunities, go to www.nps.gov/volunteer or www.volunteer.gov/gov