No tickets required.
No admission fee.
An Outdoor Venue
- Events will be open to the public.
- The memorial service will be held rain or shine.
- Public viewing areas for the memorial service will be in a grass field.
- No seating will be provided, however visitors may bring chairs. Chairs must be removed from bags.
- Unbrellas will be allowed.
Extended Hours of Operation
As part of the September 11 Observance the memorial will have extended hours of operation as follows:
Tuesday September 10
Open 9:00 am - Last entry 9 pm - Park closes 9:30 pm
Wednesday September 11
Open 7:00 am - Last Entry 6:30 pm - Park closes 7 pm
Arrival and Parking
- Arrive via the entrance on US Route 30.
- Signs will direct visitors to parking areas.
- Parking will be in satellite parking areas.
- Shuttles will run from the parking areas to the Memorial Plaza.
Download a map of the parking lot locations
- The memorial is an outdoor location and walking will be involved with a visit.
- Accessible buses will be able to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Limited handicap parking is located in the main parking lot.
- The Memorial Plaza walkway is paved, flat, even, and lined with benches.
- During the memorial service, the public area is grass field and will be accessed by walking across grass fields.
- Public viewing areas will be in open fields which may be wet.
- Events are rain or shine.
- Please dress for the weather.
- Visitors may bring chair, but they must be removed from bag
Schedule of Events
Memorial Plaza at the crash site
- Observance service on Tuesday, September 11 - 9:45 start time
- Plan to arrive early - gate opens at 8 am.
- Special Performances - Tuesday
- Special Interpretive programs - Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday
- New interpretive panels concerning the Visitor Center Complex
- Small tributes maybe left in the niches along the Memorial Plaza wall and at the Wall of Names.
- Large tributes will not be permitted.
- A wreath laying must be arranged in advance - more
Directions and maps