Old Stone Fort
Old Stone Fort, Nacogdoches County, Texas
Built by Antonio Gil Y’Barbo as a market or storage area for the town of Nacogdoches, the trading post is located on Old San Antonio Road and La Calle del Norte. This location may have also been associated with the Barr and Davenport Trading Post. The original post was torn down in 1902. The Stone Fort Museum is a replica constructed on the grounds of Stephen F. Austin State University.
Time period: 1779–1902
A Photographic Journey of the Trail - NEXT IMAGE