EXTREME SUMMER HEAT
Expect high temperatures of 100 to 120 degrees F on your summer visit to Death Valley. Heat related illness is a real possibility. Drink plenty of water and carry extra. Avoid activity in the heat. Travel prepared to survive. Watch for signs of trouble. More »
Zabriskie Point Rehab Project Delayed Until Further Notice
The popular vista site Zabriskie Point will be closed for major repairs over the 2014/2015 winter and spring seasons, but the exact date has not been determined. The site will remain open until further notice.
• Amargosa Opera House
• Amargosa River Natural Area
• Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
• Borax Museum
• China Ranch Date Farm
• Dumont Dunes Off-Highway Vehicle Area
• Eastern California Museum
• Goldwell Open Air Museum
• Lone Pine Film History Museum
• Manzanar National Historic Site
• Rhyolite Ghost Town
• Tecopa Hot Springs|
• Trona Pinnacles
Local Partners & Information Resources
• Beatty Chamber of Commerce (Beatty, Nevada)
• Death Valley Chamber of Commerce (Shoshone, California)
• Maturango Museum (Ridgecrest, CA)
Did You Know?
In 1929, no rain was recorded in Death Valley, California. From 1931 through 1934, a 40 month period, only 0.64 inches of rain fell. More...