EXTREME SUMMER HEAT
Expect high temperatures of 100 to 120 degrees F on your summer visit to Death Valley. Heat related illness is a real possibility. Drink plenty of water and carry extra. Avoid activity in the heat. Travel prepared to survive. Watch for signs of trouble. More »
Zabriskie Point to close for repairs
Starting October 1, 2014 through March 31, 2015, all access to Zabriskie Point and surrounding area will be closed for major rehabilitation work to repair unstable support walls and improve conditions.
• Amargosa Opera House
• Amargosa River Natural Area
• Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
• Borax Museum
• China Ranch Date Farm
• Dumont Dunes Off-Highway Vehicle Area
• Eastern California Museum
• Goldwell Open Air Museum
• Lone Pine Film History Museum
• Manzanar National Historic Site
• Rhyolite Ghost Town
• Tecopa Hot Springs|
• Trona Pinnacles
Local Partners & Information Resources
• Beatty Chamber of Commerce (Beatty, Nevada)
• Death Valley Chamber of Commerce (Shoshone, California)
• Maturango Museum (Ridgecrest, CA)
Did You Know?
Death Valley is home to more than 1000 species of plants and more than 50 of those are endemics, found nowhere else in the world. More...