Special Use Permits (SUP)
Special Use Permits are required for activities that benefit an individual, group or organization rather than the public at large. This type of activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Any Group of people including meet-ups, clubs, non-profit organizations, friends & family, etc.
- Weddings and Ceremonies
- Ash Scattering (Application)
- Bicycle and Running Events - All sporting events to be held after May 1, 2015 must abide by the timeline stated in the Safety Assessment. Please note that this means a sporting event application must be received a minimum of 120 days in advance of the requested date.
- First Amendment Activities
- Vehicle Testing - Application and information
Our 1-person permits office processes over 600 permits per year. To process your application will take between 30-60 days, please keep this in mind when planning your event. URGENT requests cannot be accommodated, however, submitting a complete permit package will help in expediting your permitting process. Please submit the following:
- Application processing fee of $210.00. This fee is non-refundable. If you would like to pay by credit card submit the application and a request to pay by credit card to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liability Insurance Certificate in the amount of $1,000,000 listing the United States as additional insured. The insurance must be negotiable in US funds. See an example of this certificate here.