Keeping Your Pet Safe and Happy
Sometimes your pets are happier staying at home.
NPS Photo / Elizabeth Beavers
Pets are welcome in Denali National Park and Preserve - but to protect other visitors, wildlife and your pets themselves, please remember these regulations:
- Pets must be leashed (6' or shorter leash) at all times
- You must clean up your pet's poop.
- You may not leave a tethered pet unattended
- Pets may be walked on the park road, in parking lots, or on campground roads
- In general, pets are not permitted on park trails, nor off-trail in the wilderness; the exceptions to this rule are the Roadside Trail and the Bike Path, where they may be walked on leash. Check out a map of hiking trails to orient yourself.
- Pets are not permitted on any of the various buses in Denali
Please note, there is a temporary closure prohibiting pet goats in the park. There is a chance that they can pass diseases to park wildlife, particularly Dall sheep. Contact the park superintendent for more details.