- Located in Santa Barbara County.
- Seventy miles from Ventura; 26 miles to the nearest mainland (Point Conception); three miles west of Santa Rosa Island.
- San Miguel is approximately four miles wide by eight miles long; 14 square miles; 9,325 acres.
- Average rainfall-15 inches.
- Tallest peak-San Miguel Hill, 831 ft.
- Over a dozen Channel Islands endemic plants occur on San Miguel Island.
- The endemic island fox and deer mouse and introduced rat are the only land mammals found on San Miguel Island.
- Up to five different pinniped species and over 30,000 individuals can be found at Point Bennett, one of the largest concentrations of wildlife in the world.
- One of the oldest known American Indian archeological sites (11,600 years ago) is on San Miguel Island.
- San Miguel Island and its associated islets support one-third of the breeding seabirds in the Channel Islands.