The entrance fees you pay when visiting Canyonlands make a difference! We participate in the Congressionally-authorized Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. Under this program, parks keep 80% of all fees collected and use that money to fund important projects that improve visitor services and protect resources for current and future generations to enjoy.
At Canyonlands, your fees allow us to complete important projects like:
- replace sidewalks at Island in the Sky Visitor Center,
- build wind screens around vault toilets on the White Rim Road,
- perform ongoing trail work at Needles, Island in the Sky, and the Maze,
- maintain park roads with patching, chipseal, drainage, and erosion control,
- improve accessibility for people with disabilities,
- increase monitoring and mitigation of park resources, and
- make needed utility systems repairs.
For more information about ongoing and completed projects using your fee dollars, check out the photo album called "Your Fee Dollars At Work" on Canyonlands' Facebook page