Salt Lake Astronomical Society preparing their telescopes for an evening of stargazing
NPS photo by Kevin Doxstater
DAY 1: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17
10:00am-3:00pm (open house)
SOLAR ASTRONOMY @ Bryce Canyon Visitor Center
10:00am-2:00pm (assembly) and 11:00am-3:00pm (launch) MODEL ROCKET BUILDING & LAUNCHING workshop @ Bryce Canyon City Fire Station/Emergency Service Bldg. (kits with motor from $10-$30 - purchase rocket kit voucher at Visitor Center bookstore) Spectating is FREE and encouraged!
1:00-4:00pm Afternoon Stargazing in PORTABLE PLANETARIUM - Bryce Canyon Lodge Auditorium
4:00-5:30pm PLANET WALK @ Bryce Canyon Visitor Center
6:00-7:00pm PLANISPHERE PRACTICE @ Bryce Canyon Visitor Center Theater
- 3 CONCURRENT PRESENTATIONS - FREE tickets must be obtained in person @ Bryce Canyon Visitor Center beginning at 6:00p.m. on Tuesday.
- 8:15-9:15pm @ Bryce Canyon Visitor Center Theater: TBA
- - 8:45-9:45pm @ Bryce Canyon Lodge Auditorium: TBA
- 9:15-10:15pm @ North Campground Amphitheater: TBA
- 10:00pm-12:30am STARGAZING @ The Bryce Canyon Visitor Center's trailer drop-off/overflow parking lot:
HUGE TELESCOPES provided by the Salt Lake Astronomical Society & Bryce Canyon's Astronomy Rangers.
CONSTELLATION TOURS by Bryce Canyon's Astronomy Rangers