Volunteer Roger Boone helps a young <i>Family Fun Fest</i> participant learn about marine archaeology.
THOMAS M. STROM
Whether you are retired and looking for a way to give back to the community, a college student looking for valuable career experience, or someone actively working and just looking for an occasional change of pace, there are opportunities for you as a volunteer at Biscayne National Park.
Volunteers fill a variety of roles in the park, including:
- providing visitor information at the Dante Fascell Visitor Center
- counting and measuring fish at area marinas to provide important data that will help ensure sustainable fisheries
- roving the park's islands in a boat providing visitor information
- working with kids and families at the park's award-winning Family Fun Fest
- helping at various outreach events around the community
- participating in one of several yearly cleanups to help remove some of the many tons of debris that wash onto park shorelines
Visit our Volunteer Position Descriptions page
Visit our Volunteer Application Forms page