Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I visit the monument on my own? No, you can only visit the monument on a ranger-led tour.
- Why do I have to visit the monument with a ranger? For the protection of the monument. All resources within the monument are protected and must be left in place and undisturbed.
- How do I arrange a tour? Call park headquarters at (806)857-3151 several days in advance and request a tour. Tours are generally given everyday at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
- Is there a fee for the tour? No, all tours are free.
- How long does the tour take? Usually about two hours.
- What should I bring? Water and good walking shoes with closed toes (no flip-flops). Other items you may want include sun-hat, sunscreen, or jacket, depending on the weather.