Abraham Lincoln Birthplace Unit
Neo-classic structure erected by the Lincoln Farm Association in 1911 to commemorate the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln. The Memorial Building enshrines a symbolic log cabin thought to have been the birth cabin of Lincoln.
Access to the Memorial Building is via a wooden boardwalk suitable for wheelchairs. Boardwalk and walkway lead to back door of Memorial Building that operates on a push button door opener.Sinking Spring
Sub-surface spring for which the Lincoln farm was named and the water source for Lincoln family farm.
Accessible via cement sidewalk approximately 200 feet in length and 5% grade, sidewalk starts at southwest corner of parking lot. Short, level sidewalk runs parallel to Sinking Spring allowing visitors to look over into spring without descending and ascending steps into spring sinkhole.
Boundary Oak Tree Site
Site on which the majestic white oak tree was located. Used as a boundary marker and survey point for the Lincoln farm.
Visitor Center and Restrooms
Park information, exhibits, 15 minute orientation film (alternate formats; script and captioned video) and book store.
Visitor Center and restrooms are accessible. Four accessible parking spaces. Front door of Visitor Center operates on a push button door opener.
Picnic Area and Restrooms
Located on east side of highway U.S. 31E.
Two accessible cement picnic pads furnished with table and grill. Picnic pavilion has two accessible tables. Two accessible parking spaces. Restrooms are accessible via cement sidewalk.
Abraham Lincoln Boyhood Home at Knob Creek
The Lincoln Family lived at Knob Creek on 30 acres of rented land from 1811 until 1816. Information is available from park personnel seasonally or via radio transmitted message at anytime. On site buildings are not open to the public. Limited facilities are available; ranger station (weekends seasonally) and restrooms.
Did You Know?
President Theodore Roosevelt was a part of the Lincoln Centennial Celebration. He dedicated the cornerstone for the Memorial Building on February 12, 1909.