On Saturday, April 18, 2009 Zion's centennial celebrations will continue with the first ever 10K Zion Fun Run. Park Superintendent Jock Whitworth will welcome runners at the starting line in Zion Canyon. Here's a list of the Fun Run schedule.
Fee $25, pre-registration only, (race is now full).
- 10K Fun Run starting between the Weeping Rock and Big Bend shuttle stops.
- 7:00 am - Runners meet and check-in at the Visitor Center shuttle stop.
- 7:45 am - Shuttles start transporting runners to the starting line; 5 double, chartered shuttles to transport runners.
- 8:20 am - Last shuttle to the starting line
- 8:45 am - All runners at the starting line, Canyon Scenic Drive closes to traffic except shuttles inbound as far as the Lodge.
- 9:00 am - Zion Superintendent Jock Whitworth will welcome runners and Dean Jones will start the run.
- Finish line is at the Pa’rus trailhead in South Campground.
- 10:30 am - Road reopens