How to Make a Day-Use Reservation

Before making a day-use reservation, visit the entrance reservations page for information about when to make your reservation. Be sure to make the reservation for your actual planned date of arrival; your permit is then valid for seven days. Remember that you do not need to make a day-use reservation if you already have a camping or lodging reservation inside Yosemite.

To make a reservation, visit Recreation.gov and follow the instructions below.

 
Visit our keyboard shortcuts docs for details
Duration:
2 minutes, 14 seconds

This short video will walk you through making a reservation on Recreation.gov. See written instructions below.

 

1. Search for “Yosemite National Park Ticketed Entry"

 
Screenshot of search bar on recreation.gov, showing "Yosemite National Park Ticketed Entry" in search bar
 

 
Screenshot of "Tickets" menu on page, with "Day Use Entry" selected

2. In the "Tickets" drop-down menu, select "Day Use Entry."

 

 
Screenshot of "Guests" menu displaying four reservation options

3. In the "Guests" drop-down menu, select the type of pass you need.

Only one pass can be purchased per day. Your options include:

  • Vehicle 7-Day Entry: Only one pass is needed per vehicle (non-commercial car, pickup truck, RV, or van with 15 or fewer passenger seats).

  • Motorcycle 7-Day Entry: Only one pass is needed per motorcycle.
  • Current Pass-Holder 7-Day Entry: Select if you currently have a valid America the Beautiful Annual Pass, Every Kid Outdoors Annual Pass, Active US Military Annual Pass, Access Pass, Senior Pass, or a Yosemite Annual Pass.
  • Buy Pass Upon Arrival 7-Day Entry: Select if you plan on purchasing one of the passes listed above when you arrive at any Yosemite entrance station.
 

 
Screenshot of calendar menu for reservation date selection

4. Select the date you plan to arrive.

A blue ‘A’ square means there are passes available that day. Remember that you must arrive on the first day of your reservation.

If there are no passes available on the day you plan to arrive, check back later! Any cancelled reservations will become available online immediately. Additionally, beginning at 7 am Pacific time two days ahead of your arrival date, the remaining 20% of reservations (approximately 340 passes) will be released. For example, on July 1 at 7 am, additional passes for July 3 will become available.

 

 
Screenshot of "Time" menu, showing 5:00 AM selected

5. In the "Time" drop-down menu, select 5:00 AM.

This is the earliest you may enter the park with a day-use reservation. You are not required to arrive at 5:00 am.

 
Screenshot of "Time" menu, showing 5:00 AM selected but passes listed as "Not Yet Available"

What if the drop-down menu says "Not Yet Released"?

This means that the 80% of tickets available in advance are already reserved. However, the remaining 20% (approximately 340 passes) will become available online at 7 am Pacific Time two days prior to the date. For example, on July 1 at 7 am, additional passes for July 3 will become available.


 
Screenshot of "Continue Booking" button

6. Click "Continue to Booking."

If you are not already signed in to recreation.gov, you will be prompted to sign in or create an account.

 

 
Screenshot of "Need to Know" information with check-box indicating confirmation

7. Read and confirm that you understand the important information. Then click "Proceed to Cart."

Remember that you must arrive on the first day of your reservation. At the time of reservation, you will have to pay a processing fee ($2) and possibly an entrance fee, depending on which pass you selected. Fees will be charged as follows:

  • Vehicle 7-Day Entry: $35 per vehicle ($2 reservation fee included in price)
  • Motorcycle 7-Day Entry: $30 per motorcycle ($2 reservation fee included in price)
  • Current Pass-Holder 7-Day Entry: $2 reservation fee (you must show your valid America the Beautiful Annual Pass, Every Kid Outdoors Annual Pass, Active US Military Annual Pass, Access Pass, Senior Pass, or Yosemite Annual Pass when you enter the park)
  • Buy Pass Upon Arrival 7-Day Entry: $2 reservation fee, plus price of pass (paid when you arrive at any Yosemite entrance station)
 

 
Screenshot of "Proceed to Payment" button

8. Click "Proceed to Payment."

Please have a printed or digital copy of your reservation available to be scanned at the park entrance station each day you enter. The reservation holder must be in the vehicle and prepared to show valid photo ID. If you have an existing annual or lifetime pass, you must show it in addition to your reservation each time you enter the park or you will be required to pay the $35 entrance fee.

More questions about the new reservation system? We have answers!

Last updated: July 4, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 577
Yosemite National Park, CA 95389

Phone:

(209) 372-0200

Contact Us