The White Wolf Lodge and associated duplex cabins, located off of the Tioga Road, are aging structures that are in need of rehabilitation. Originally the site of early homesteaders, the conversion to a Lodge was completed in 1926 and privately run by the Meyer Family. Two duplexes were also completed during this conversion. In the 1930s the family added additional hard-sided cabins and tent platforms. White Wolf Lodge was bought by the National Park Service in the early 1950s and is currently operated by the park's primary concessioner.
After many years of service, there are a number of issues affected the Lodge and cabins today. Site drainage problems are creating foundation settlement and moisture migration. Many of the electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems serving the White Wolf facilities are also in need of replacement and updating. Additionally, facilities at White Wolf are not fully compliant with building and accessibility codes.
Primary rehabilitation work proposed includes:
Last updated: March 1, 2015