Join us at one of Yosemite's monthly Open Houses! These are held during the last Wednesday of the month typically from January - October. Open Houses are located in Yosemite Valley in the Visitor Center Auditorium, from 1-4pm.
The public is invited to the Open House to:
Talk to park staff and listen to presentations given throughout the day
Access the latest news on various park projects
Review newly released documents and reports
Submit comments on proposed projects and ongoing implementation efforts
July 27, 2011
Overall agenda: Doors open at 1 pm, presentations begin at 2 pm
In Person: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center Auditorium
Via Webinar: yose.webex.com
The following projects were presented:
Presentation 1 [1.87 MB PDF]: Introduction & Update on Current Plans and Projects
Presentation 2 [2.58 MB PDF]: Ansel Adams Gallery Comprehensive Rehabilitation
- How might we best make needed repairs to the foundation and improve accessibility while protecting and preserving sensitive historic and archaeological resources?
Presentation 3 [1.73 MB PDF]: The Ahwahnee Comprehensive Rehabilitation Plan
- What ideas has the park developed to protect this National Historic Landmark?
- What opportunities will you have to provide input to our plan?
Presentation 4 [971 kb PDF]: How to Comment - Introduction to PEPC
Presentation 5 [4.58 MB PDF]: Fire Management in Yosemite
- What is the status of fires in the park?
- How do we manage fires in the park?
Presentation 6 [4.95 MB PDF]: Half Dome Permit System
- What is the rationale behind the current permit system?
- How is the current permit system going?
After the presentations project managers were available for further discussion on the projects such as the Tioga Road Rehabilitation plan and Badger Pass Ski Lodge.