|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The Brimstone fire closure area is lifted and all backcountry campsites are open.
- On September 12, 2019 fire crews assessed the Brimstone fire. Due to recent rains, they found wet conditions and five inches of ash and mud in some burned areas.
- Smoke may still be visible until it snows.
- The lightning-caused Brimstone Fire was discovered on August 26, 2019 and grew to at least 80 acres.
- The Greater Yellowstone area is a fire-adapted ecosystem. Fire plays an important role in maintaining the health of this area’s wildlife habitat and vegetation.
- Stay informed about current fire activity in Yellowstone.
Last updated: September 13, 2019