|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Bacon Rind Fire grows over the weekend: area closure in effect.
- Warm temperatures, drier air, and higher winds last weekend fueled growth on the Bacon Rind Fire to 1,321 acres.
- An area closure in the northwest corner of the park is in effect, impacting all park trails in that area. Trail status can be found in the park’s Backcountry Situation Report.
- All roads and visitor facilities in the park and surrounding communities remain open.
- Fire growth is expected to be moderate this week due to lower temperatures and increased moisture.
- Up-to-date fire information can be found on InciWeb.
- A public fire information phone line has been established at 406-640-3048.
New fire start detected south of Heart Lake
- The Basin Creek Fire was detected on August 10th and is 0.2 acres burning in a forested area 5 miles south of Heart Lake.
- The fire has prompted precautionary closures of some backcountry sites. Check the Backcountry Situation Report for details.