Field Schools & Institutes
Yellowstone Forever Institute
YFI offers a variety of in-depth courses with subject area experts. Participants are immersed in classes in the field with experienced biologists, authors, artists, and naturalists. Programs are also offered in collaboration with in-park lodges where instructors engage participants with the park through classes on wolves, geysers, skiing, and more. Youth and college programs for middle-school through college-age groups are designed to engage the next generation of park stewards.
- Call Now:
- Visit Now:
- Adventure Programs, Birding Programs, Certificate Programs, College/University Field Semesters, Creative Arts Programs, Custom Programs, Family Programs, Field Seminars, K-12 School Programs
- Single grade level class,Mixed/multiple grade class,Homeschool group,College/University class,Club or interest group (teen),Club or interest group (adult)
- Field Seminars - 2-5 day classes to 5-10 day backpacking trips to 3 week certification programs.
College & Youth - 3 to 10 days
Private tours – typically 1 to 5 days
Lodging and Learning – 3-5 days
- American Indian History and Culture, Archaeology, Art, Astronomy, Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants, Botany, Climate, Climate Change, Conservation, Earth Science, Ecology, Environment, Family Life, Fire Ecology, Geography, Geology, Glaciers, Government, Health, Historic Preservation, History, Hydrology, Journalism, Landscapes, Leadership, Literature, Music, Paleontology, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physical Fitness, Physical Science, Pioneer America, Poetry, Political Science, Public Policy, Reading, Recreation / Leisure / Tourism, Safety, Science and Technology, Social Studies, Tectonics, Transportation, Volcanoes, Westward Expansion, Wildlife Biology, Wildlife Management, Women's History, Writing
- stewardship, youth programs, school groups, STEM, citizen science, wildlife, science, Pre-service Teachers, teachers, Educators, college, Naturalist, interpretation, nature, Filed Seminars
- Field Schools & Institutes
Last updated: July 6, 2017