Please send your typed responses to the following questions to Becky Wyman:
1. Describe your service: (Services to be offered, season of operation, park locations if known, estimated number of trips/year, estimated duration of trip/session, estimated group size, etc.)
2. Resource Protection: The objective of the park is to ensure the protection of resources: hydrothermal features, wildlife, archeological sites, rare plants, historic properties, etc.
- Describe how you, your guides, and visitors will protect resources while providing your service in the park. For example, include measures you will take to avoid impacts to park resources.
- Describe the education, experience, and training that you and your guides have about protecting resources and values in Yellowstone National Park.
3. Visitor Safety: The park expects that commercial use authorization holders will provide safe visitor services.
- The minimum requirements for all CUAs (other than towing and other miscellaneous services) are that all guides have CPR and basic first aid.
- Will you and your guides meet these requirements? Will you and your guides have advanced training?
- Describe your accident prevention program.
- How will you assess if the activity can be carried out in a safe manner? How will you assess visitor’s ability prior to undertaking the service?
4. Visitor Satisfaction: The park expects CUA holders to provide quality visitor services.
- Do you have a system in place to monitor visitor satisfaction? If so, please explain. If not, will you develop one?
5. Interpretive Knowledge: It is important that CUA operators are able to provide accurate and pertinent information about the park resources and values to visitors.
- Describe how you and your guides will provide accurate interpretative information to your visitors about park resources and values.
6. Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability: Yellowstone National Park is dedicated to improving its operations and services in a sustainable manner.
- Describe how your company acts as an environmental steward through sustainable business practices such as waste, water, and energy reduction.
7. Operational Expertise: Please provide the following:
- Name and location of operation
- Scope of services offered
- Operating season
- Number of visitors served annually
- Nature and tenure of the business - Provide the total number of years that the business has provided the service. Where has the business provided these services? How many guides do you employ? How would you describe the level of experience for your guides?
- Type of business: Sole Proprietor, Corporation, Partnership, Non-Profit
8. Administrative Requirements: CUA holders must provide the following documentation:
- Proof of insurance
- Copy of the NPS Acknowledgement of Risk form
- Proposed Internet site, brochure, other documentation available to the public regarding the business