|Senior or Golden Age/Access Passholders*
*Interagency Annual Park Pass is not applicable for these fees.
- This strenuous tour covers 2/3 mile of rugged trail and lasts 2 hours.
- The tour enters and exits the cave by elevator.
- For safety reasons participants on this tour must be 8 years of age or older and must be able to carry their own candle bucket.
- Shoes with non-slip soles are required. NO SANDALS!
- Reservations are strongly recommended. We begin taking reservations one month before the tour.
- Reservations may only be made in person or by telephone - (605) 745-4600.
Some rooms seen on this tour:
Blue Grotto | Council Chambers/Dinosaur Room | Elks Room | Fallen Flats | Pearly Gates | Summer Avenue | Temple
Safety and Conservation
Cave trails are dimly lighted and trail surfaces may be uneven, wet and slippery. Some of the cave ceilings are low, requiring some bending or stooping. Tours are moderately strenuous.
PERSONS WITH HEART CONDITIONS OR OTHER PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS SHOULD RECONSIDER.
Wear low-heeled walking shoes with non-slip soles. Do not wear sandals or shoes with leather or hard composition soles. A light jacket or sweater is recommended as the cave is 53° F [11° C].
For the protection of the cave, please do not touch the cave, remove cave rocks or formations, or step off the trail. Electronic devices, including cameras, are not allowed on this tour. Please stay with the tour group.
There are no restrooms in the cave. Pets are not permitted in the cave.
PLEASE NO EATING, DRINKING, SMOKING, OR CHEWING GUM OR TOBACCO WHILE ON TOUR.