Wind Cave Room - Plummers Pit

Plummers Pit
Plummers Pit

NPS Photo

 

An 80-foot high dead-end chimney which extends out of the Madison limestone and into the Minnelusa beds above the cave. It may be an excavated (1935) paleofilled vertical shaft like the Two Cent Stope. Originally climbed by Bill Buckingham and William Plummer as part of the 1959 NSS Wind Cave Expedition. Later surveyed by Lester Lewis, Dave Springhetti and Mark Stock

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

26611 US Highway 385
Hot Springs, SD 57747

Phone:

(605) 745-4600
Park information

Contact Us