Wind Cave Room - Pearly Gates
Today the Pearly Gates are part of the Candlelight Tour, but was discovered by Alvin McDonald, Charles Holmes, and C.F. McBride on July 23, 1891. Large white popcorn crystals in this area resemble pearls and are located on rocks on either side of the entry into the room beyond the Pearly Gates themselves. It is also reported that it was named because Oscar Merwin thought that that is what the Pearly Gates into Heaven would look like.
Last updated: April 10, 2015