Wind Cave Room - Columbian Hall

Rene Ohms climbs up breakdown in Columbian Hall
Rene Ohms climbs up breakdown in Columbian Hall

NPS Photo by Mark Ohms

 
This room was named after the 1893 Columbian Exposition in Chicago. "Columbian Hall" was found smoked on the ceiling when it was rediscovered in the early 1970's by Wind Cave seasonal rangers. Originally discovered by Alvin McDonald and John Stabler on May 5, 1893.

Last updated: April 10, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

26611 US Highway 385
Hot Springs, SD 57747

Phone:

(605) 745-4600

Contact Us