Historic District - Ranger Dormitory and Mess House - 1931
This building is located 150 yards (137m) SW of visitor center, across the parking lot, and atop a hill. Built in 1931, this structure was originally planned as a ranger dormitory. It was subsequently considered too small for that purpose, and remodeled into a residence. Like the other residences near the visitor center, 2" by 4" wood frame construction was used for the main house, the foundation made of native sandstone, and the exterior walls covered with yellow-tan stucco. The house's interior was modernized but even with some modifications, the exterior of the residence maintains its historic integrity.
Last updated: April 10, 2015