Historic District - Bunkhouse - 1934
This building was originally associated with the Civilian Conservation Corps camp established in 1934. This building is an example of the vernacular style of architecture found in CCC camps developed during the Depression Era. Originally there were at least 18 structures built to house the CCC workers, staff, and served various functions. This structure is the only remaining building from the Wind Cave CCC camp and one of only a few such structures remaining in South Dakota.
Last updated: December 28, 2017