Objectives: By completing this unit the students will be able to:
- define similarities and differences, the basic concept of biodiversity.
- create a list of similarities and differences between people in their community.
- create a list of similarities and differences between animals and between plants.
- recall 3 of the components of a habitat.
- discuss how similarities and differences affect competition for food.
These objectives will be achieved in three stages:
- Nametags, pre-visit activities and information - teacher(s) will complete Nametag Activity and select at least one Pre-visit Activity to do in the classroom before visiting Wind Cave National Park. Selection of activities will be communicated to the ranger leading park program.
- Park activities - ranger directed with assistance and supervision of the teacher and/or teacher aide.
- Post-visit activities - teacher(s) will select at least one Post-visit Activity to do in the classroom after visiting Wind Cave National Park.
If you need a PDF reader click here.
If you are using a voice web reader and cannot translate PDF files and wish these documents, contact the park at (605) 745-4600. The park has a TTY.