Targeted Grades: Grades 3-7. Can be used with older and younger students.
Inventory for Giant Geology:
- Folder of laminated work sheets and lesson plans
- Folder of laminated geology pictures
- Handout: NM Teacher Workshop - Mineral ID
- Books: 1) Lake Lucero 2) Rocks and Minerals
- Living Rocks DVD
- White Sands, White Wilderness DVD and VHS
- New Mexico Edible Rocks Kit
- Rock & Mineral ID Kit
- Rock Samples in baggies: 1) Selenite 2) Quartz 3) Gypsum
- Baby food jars: 1) fine sand 2) coarse sand 3) selenite shards
- Portable electric scale
- Portable blue fan
- Plastic bottle of marbles
- Two sacks of extra marbles
- Box of Legos
- Eight (8) scratch plates
- Eight (8) Seven-in-one Tools
The process for reserving a trunk is easy.
1) Download the reservation form
2) Complete the form, including necessary signatures
3) Email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your form, the education specialist will contact you via email to confirm dates and to schedule delivery or pickup of the trunk.
After you've had a chance to use the trunks in your classroom, we would appreciate hearing your comments and suggestions. Your feedback really helps us improve the resources we offer and our services to the schools. Simply download the feedback form and return it to us.
- Earth Science, Geology, Science and Technology, Tectonics
- Traveling Trunk
Last updated: February 24, 2015